Thursday, May 8, 2008

Interest rates

One of my most stressful worries was that odd time between the loan approval process and the closing process is the floating period when you are allowed to lock your interest rate.

With a lot of luck and a limited amount of strategy, we managed to lock our rate at 5.5% which felt awesome. I never thought I could be savvy enough to manage that, but we have and just in time too. I wanted to see what the Federal Reserve was going to do last week before we made any decisions, since most analysts were anticipating one more cut. The cut did work in my favor, and this week, rates are back around 6%. Hooray for a poor housing market - said to say it, but that is exactly what has made it possible for me to buy a home.

In other news, we drove by the house last night and the exterior has been completed and a retaining wall is now being constructed. I will post some more pictures of that later.

No comments: