Saturday, May 3, 2008

Designing a home

One of the benefits of buying this townhome was being able to select the basics for the home. I am so picky that this was definitely a huge plus. Also, I wanted to design an interior that I knew would be appealling for a while down the road. I haven't even moved in yet and all I can think about is resale. Yet another reason why my mother says I am years beyond my true age.

Below you can see some of the selections we made. Note that if you click on the photo, it will enlarge.

I think one of the better choices was some of the mixed textures. The dark gray slate that will be used for the mantle of the fireplace is definitely going to be unique and beautiful. The cabinets are called, "Autumn" which I think is a perfect explanation. The warm glow of that varnish on the maple gives it a varied golden color that contrasts well with the dark maple floors. I have to admit that seeing all of it on a small scale makes it very difficult to imagine. It is hard for me to wrap my head around what it will look like when it all comes together - so fingers crossed we have created something beautiful.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous. I can't wait to see it once it's all together.