Sunday, August 3, 2008

House guest: Goldy

We have been thinking about getting a dog, but having Goldy around this weekend has proven to me that I really don't have the patience that one would need to be a real pet owner.

While getting up early in the morning to get her out for a bathroom break and a walk hasn't been too much of a challenge, trying to get anything done while she has been around has been near impossible. Every time I step into the kitchen to cook, she isn't far behind - wagging her tail and looking for some food. Whenever I escape to the garage to grab something she is chasing me down like I am leaving for thd day. And the worst part - every time I go into the bathroom - she insists on joining me.

I understand that not all dogs have these needy behaviors and that Goldy just happens to be a very attention hungry dog, but the truth is that she makes me feel so bad when she looks at me with those cute little eyes and I know I can't just love her up all hours of the day.

For now, it just fun to have her around to cuddle up with on the couch. But I am sure happy she isn't permanently lodging with us.

No comments: